The unexciting tales of vampires and a bride to be
I'm getting married in October, writing an MA dissertation that's due a week before, whilst working and seemingly having too little time whilst doing far too much.
Saturday, 5 June 2010
IT HOT!
We had planned sometime mid-week to go swimming today.  Sure enough, when Victor returned from work, we got our gear together and headed for Isleworth Recreation Centre.  'Pool closed'.  Fail.  Undeterred, we headed for Feltham AirParcs Lesiure Centre.  'Pool closed'.  More fail.  It's baking hot, I'm about to melt and there are no frickin' pools open? What the deuce?!  We went further still, to Hampton open air pool, only to be faced with massive queues.  By this point, Victor had lost the will to live, but we headed for Kingston anyway as we were so close.  Big mistake.  Gas works all along the one way system in Kingston meant it took us a good while before we got there.  We then decided to go to the Kingfisher Leisure Centre.  Success! I got my swim after all.  It was lush, although there were far too many children (as to be expected really).

The scales this morning report a 9lb loss so far (and for Victor also).  I seriously can't wait to eat vegetables again from next week.  Although I did have some extremely tasty (and extremely expensive) British Rosé veal last night, with some rosemary and pepper.  Nom.  I have also discovered I don't mind Coke Zero too much, as I can't taste the sweetener as much as I can in Diet Coke, which helps a little with the sweet tooth. 

I wish I had done as Charlie Brooker has, decided to be out of the country for the impending World Cup.  I. Don't. Care.  Stop all the advertising and general discussion about it.  It's hard to escape mention of it when you teach foreign students too, particularly as we have a wealth of Brazilians at our school.  Good old Charlie manages, as usual, to capture my feelings succinctly in his latest Screen Burn.

If anyone would like to donate an air conditioning unit or one of those new-fangled crazy Dyson fans, please, be my guest.  I think I have Dave Syndrome.  Best not let the thermometer hit 88 then.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment