...you piece of Apple crap. Motherboard replacement didn't work. iPod is truly dead as a dodo. I cried a little cry. Now I'll have to save up for a new one and use Victor's old one in the meantime, which isn't ideal, but better than nothing. Problem is that I have to import one from the US, as any bought within the EU fall prey to the EU volume limit law, meaning you can't have them louder than 100db, and believe me, Apple have enforced this and made it almost nigh unhackable. Seeing as though my hearing loss prevents me from hearing noise under about 70db for the most part, this is what has to be done. Because the dollar is quite strong at the moment, this means it will be more expensive than buying one from the UK (about £172 + p&p). Sob. I've got a student who's interested in some private lessons next week, as his IELTS exam is on the 19th, so I can put that extra bit of cash towards it.
Off to Gloucestershire on Friday to sort out some more wedding stuff. Meeting with the lights/sound man, another meeting with the cake people (will I be strong enough to resist the gorgeous cherry sponge that will make up the bottom tiers of our cake? Who knows!), some florists and having a hair trial. Got to get on with the invites soon and get them sent out next month. It's all coming together, there's not too much left to do as far as I can think. We (Victor) bought the rings last month, I've got the first fitting for my dress at the end of the month and it's just silly little bits and pieces now. That reminds me, must send off the forms for the ceremony to Gloucestershire Registry office in the next two months.
Weight loss stagnated a bit over the weekend, I've lost 10lbs now. On the second phase, which is alternating days of pure proteins and proteins + a limited selection of vegetables. I had some mushrooms today that I quickly bought from the shop last night, and I have to say that although they were tasteless button mushrooms, I devoured them with relish. Will continue with this until Latitude Festival in July, where I'm going to reward myself by having some yummy summer ciders whilst watching a few bands, a lot of comedy and much much more in sunny Suffolk. Then, I'm hoping I'll only have to continue with it for another month before going into the next phase, where I can start reintroducing limited foods.
I think it may have partly stagnated as I didn't really do any exercise or drink enough water over the weekend. I've just joined a new gym, as Fitness First was getting right on my tits. Besides half the machines being faulty and rubbish, there's not a vast amount of facilities there in the first place, and the staff are always bothering you to try and score personal training lessons for stupid money. Brentford Fountain Leisure Centre are one of the first Hounslow Council gyms to re-open after refurbishment, and it's pretty lush. Two pools, brand new fitness equipment with iPod docks and lots of other mod cons, plus better resistance and weights. Plus, I'm saving £15 a month. Score!
Planning to get on with the dissertation over the weekend. I've got three weeks to pull together my introduction and first chapter for Roger's perusal, so I've been attempting to read Foucault on the bus at 8am, and all my brain wants to do is read the crappy trash in the Metro at that time of the morning. When I've finished writing this I shall attempt it further, and I'm planning to go to the British Library for some research next week, after I hopefully re-register tomorrow as my membership expired last month.
Right, Foucault, tell me about sexuality, and I'll try not to read it with a French accent in my head.