The unexciting tales of vampires and a bride to be
I'm getting married in October, writing an MA dissertation that's due a week before, whilst working and seemingly having too little time whilst doing far too much.
Sunday, 27 June 2010
WANTED:
Interesting, pithy opening for 15,000 word dissertation.  Must include information about contemporary vampires, sexuality and traditional literary vampires.  I have lots of ideas floating around in this strange brain of mine, but I'm still awaiting the epiphany moment that brings me the animated and illuminating introduction I desire.  Today would be nice, thanks.  Whilst I wait, a blog entry for ultimate procrastination.

I was very excited the other day, as I managed to finally find something I've been searching for for quite some time, a complete set of recipe cards to finish my Nana (who sadly passed away when I was very teeny)'s collection from the '60s.  So, when I'm not dieting, I shall be trying out some of the missing cards I managed to get thanks to eBay:


I also bought a set of Emma Bridgewater cake tins in the sale in Lakeland (my new favourite shop - I really love Kingston):



Victor has requested some cookies for his birthday that I used to regularly make, so I will get a chance to use them then (and try to resist - maybe one!).  I really miss baking and cooking.  We were browsing in Bentalls yesterday, and they had those really nice Le Creuset casserole pots on sale.  Still very expensive, mind.  I can't wait until we have our own house next year.  A decent kitchen will be heaven.  I think I'd like a farmhouse style one, but of course, budget budget budget :(

Ordering the invitiations for the wedding soon, tres exciting.  By the way, anyone who's thinking of getting married, seriously, just elope.  You would not BELIEVE how expensive flowers are.  Really.

Well, the epiphany moment hasn't arrived as of yet, but here's hoping.  Looking forward to this week once the introduction is out of the way.   Managed to get tickets for Mock the Week on Tuesday, which is great as we're both off on Wednesday for Victor's birthday.  Then, final supervision on Thursday for some much needed feedback before launching into the dissertation proper. 

Oh, weight loss has stagnated again.  1st2lbs so far. Fail.  Book says it may be water retention as I'm a lady and it's *that* time of the month, so we shall see after.  Might just step it up at the gym a little bit.  Two episodes of Buffy whilst doing cardio then!
0 Comments:

Post a Comment