As I said in my previous entry, I planned to do some baking to take to Weymouth tonight, as there's a family BBQ tomorrow (weather permitting, of course), and I know that there'll be plenty of hungry mouths rather than just mine and Victor's gobs to eat everything. So, it was a chance to do some baking, which was really therapeutic.
I've made strawberry cheesecake brownies, which are still in the fridge and in hindsight, probably should have chosen something else as now I have to get them to Weymouth in one piece, and the topping is mainly comprised of cream. Oops.
I've also made lemon bars:
Triple chocolate cookies (which are one of Victor's favourites):
and the piece de resistance, a maple pecan cake (dubbed Autumnal Birthday Cake by Nigella, actually):
Hopefully they'll all get wolfed down, it seems like a lot but it sure as hell ain't coming back with us! I really enjoyed making everything, and the only cock-up was when I first whipped the cream for the brownies, and whipped it so much that it split. Easily rectified by buying some more :)