So, the big day is just two days away! The weather report is looking promising at the moment, so fingers crossed it stays that way. I'm really excited now, and very much looking forward to seeing everybody too. Finished work at 1pm yesterday, and am revelling in the fact that I don't go back until the 3rd November. Huzzah! Going for some pampering with Mum soon, and to get a few more little bits before the event and pending honeymoon.
I finished my dissertation a week before the deadline, which was lucky as I had a mammoth weekend immediately after finishing. It felt like such a relief, and I handed it in on the Monday after. I expect I shall get my results not long after returning from Japan. As for the mammoth weekend, I headed up to Luton again for the final fitting, and I finally started to see my dress materialise and it's so beautiful. We picked it up on the Sunday, all finished, and the wonderful Janice is also going to come and dress me on the day. After the final fitting, Mum and I headed into town to get some bits, primarily underwear from Agent Provocateur, at a not for the faint-hearted £180 for stockings, suspender belt, knickers and a garter. It feels lush though, and if a wedding isn't a special occasion, I don't know what is. We decided town was unusually busy for our liking though, which was just as well as my day wasn't going to stop there. I dashed home, got ready, and was back out again to meet my favourite ex-work chums in order to wish bon voyage to Babs as she set off for Oz. We went to Zigfrid Von Underbelly in Hoxton, which was quite lovely, although achingly hip, meaning we were unable to get a seat anywhere. Then, I headed to Islington to meet up with Lex, Stu & Matt for a night a Slimes - the first in FOREVER. Matt was lovely enough to put us on the guestlist, and I'd just been paid, so I basically plied Stu with cider and black all night. And what a cracking night it was. It was so much fun, and it was great to see familiar faces. I eventually tumbled in the door at around 5:30, so an early night by Slimes' account, but not so much for me. I was up again in two hours for another trip to Cheltenham for my final hair trial >_<
Last weekend, Victor and I went to Hyper Japan, a new exhibit at the Truman Brewery in Shoreditch. It was a little disappointing as it was quite small, but fun nonetheless. We went to Borough Market bright and early beforehand, before a rather nice walk in the sunshine over Tower Bridge and up through Brick Lane. We had planned to go to the Treasures from Hungary exhibit at the Royal Academy after, but we were pretty pooped, so we're going to check it out when we get back, hopefully along with the Muybridge exhibit at the Tate Britain. He was a Kingstonian, don't you know. We did pop to Covent Garden, to Ella's Bakehouse, to sample the cupcakes. I'm not a huge cupcake fan (and don't see the fuss over the Hummingbird ones - I've made a couple of good things from the book, but it's not the best), but I'd heard good things about Ella's Bakehouse. We bought a coffee, a Malteser, an Oreo and a peanut butter cupcake. My sweet tooth must have diminished somewhat as I couldn't even finish the peanut butter one, lovely as it was, and I saved the Oreo for later (which was the best). They were lovely, but maybe a mini one is more than enough!

This is likely to be my last blog post for a while now, but I shall post a colossal entry upon my return to the UK, I'm certain. For now, I'll leave you with Victor and I's favourite picture from our engagement shoot: